The Cheng lab develops technologies based on artificial DNA and RNA binding proteins and applies them to sense or induce sequence or epigenetic changes at target genomic loci or target transcripts. Various topics include:
- Improving precise genome editing
- Developing novel approaches for epigenetic and transcript editing
- Developing sensors for DNA and RNA
- Developing imaging techniques for 3D structure of the genome.
- Developing experimental and computational toolkits for engineering artificial DNA and RNA binding proteins.